In the last six months we added new words to our vocabulary social distancing, zoom meetings, contact tracing.
We’ve exchanged cloth masks for theatre masks, waves through glass for hugs, virtual fun raisers for in person gatherings.
There have been delays and reschedules, postponements and cancellations….and so many plans!!
We are pleased to be opening our 2020-21 season!!
As we begin to reopen “our doors,” we wanted to share with you the steps we’ve taken to keep everyone as safe as possible!
- We are temporarily relocating to the newly reclaimed Rochester Civic Theatre not only because we are using this dark time to begin remodeling at the theater, but because their larger space allows for better social distancing.
- To allow for seating to be uniquely spaced for each audience we are requesting that all seats be purchased in advance. Ticket sales end three hours prior to each performance.
- Please purchase seats as a group as those purchased together will be seated together. If this is not your intention, please be sure to contact the box office at 507-289-1737 or RochesterRep@RochesterRep.org to discuss your seating.
- When you arrive at the Civic Theatre, your temperature will be taken before you enter. Guests with a fever will not be allowed to enter.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times while inside.
- Playbills will be provided in the lobby via a QR code that can be accessed with most smart phones. A PDF link will also be made available to those who want to print a copy and bring with them or to view at home from the comfort of their own computer.
- Since we are only allowed to welcome an audience at 25% capacity, we appreciate you letting us know immediately if you or someone in your party is not able to attend.
While we do not know what our future holds, the safety and well-being of our volunteers, artists, technicians, audience members, and supporters is always uppermost on our minds making this an unfortunate, but not a difficult, decision.
We hope that we can continue to count on you as a vital part of our theatre family and that you will join us at the theatre as soon as it is safe to do so!
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay well.