Calling All Directors!
The Rochester Repertory Theatre Board of Directors is beginning preparations for the Rep’s 2023-2024 Season. We hope you are interested in being a part of the team. We are looking to mount a 6 show season.
Directors are invited to submit a maximum of 3 scripts with the Director/Production Application along with production concepts under consideration for each play submitted. All applications must be accompanied by a PDF version of the script emailed to the Managing Director. Applications that include only physical scripts will not be considered. If you need access to a scanner, please contact the Box Office. Applicants are highly encouraged to fill out the entire application digitally if possible.
Directors who do not have a script in mind, but would still like to be considered to be a director are encouraged to apply by filling out the Director Application.
Applicants are encouraged to keep the Rep’s mission in mind as well as the strengths and limitations of the Rep’s venue. Applicants are also encouraged to visit the theater and see a production to better understand the performance space and the challenges it may present. Inclusivity of all people that represent our diverse community is important to the Rep. Please consider this when selecting and submitting productions.
- Mission: To provide theatrical productions of the highest quality that challenge, develop, and enhance the skills of directors, actors, designers, and technicians, while intriguing, challenging, and delighting our audiences.
- Read the 2023-24 Director Invite Letter
- Have a show in mind? Fill out the 2023-24 Director/Production Application
- Don’t have a show in mind? Fill out the 2023-24 Director Application
The deadline for director submissions for the 2023-2024 season is November 18th, 2022
Please Be Aware:
- In an effort to build a dynamic yet well-rounded season, up to 3 of the 6 shows in the 2023-2024 Season may be selected by a combination of Rep staff, Committee Chairs and Board of Directors either from the plays submitted or from another pool of titles. The Rep still encourages you to apply for any slot you are passionate about that is unfilled
- Directors should avoid casting themselves or anyone on the production team in a show
- The Rep does not encourage remounting a production previously produced at another theater. A director interested in remounting such a production utilizing the same cast should instead inquire about theater rental opportunities
Thank you for your interest in directing at the Rep. We look forward to receiving your application and script submissions.
The Rochester Repertory Theatre Board of Directors
Questions? Contact our Box Office at (507) 289-1737 or RochesterRep@RochesterRep.org