Calling All Directors!
The Rochester Repertory Theatre creates each of its seasons through submissions from individual directors who are passionate about projects they would like to bring to our stage. Our process is open to new and experienced directors alike. Submissions are provided to our play reading committee, formed from a group of dedicated volunteers, who read all of the submissions, evaluate them objectively on a number of criteria, then determine a slate of shows that is then submitted to the board of directors who make the final approval for the season.
When selecting a script for submission, keep these things in mind
- Does the script meet the Rep’s mission statement?
- Vision: To produce artistically satisfying theatre, and
- Mission: To provide theatrical productions of the highest quality that challenge, develop, and enhance the skills of directors, actors, designers, and technicians, while intriguing, challenging, and delighting our audiences.
- Is the show appropriate for the performance space?
- There are slots for small musicals, a holiday show, new developmental work, comedies or farces nostalgic pieces, classic dramas, and more!
The deadline for director submissions for the 2021-22 season is September 1, 2020
Please let us know if you would like to be added to the list of directors receiving a submission letter by calling 507-289-1737 or emailing RochesterRep@RochesterRep.org