I And You
A Poignant Comedy by Lauren Gunderson
Directed by Jerry Casper
May 16th and May 17th; 7-9pm at the Rochester Rep
One afternoon, Anthony arrives unexpectedly at Caroline’s door bearing an urgent assignment. Homebound due to illness, Caroline hasn’t been to school in months. As these two let down their guards and share their secrets, this seemingly mundane poetry project unlocks a much deeper mystery that has brought them together in this sweet, moving comedy.
2 Actors (1 Female-Presenting, 1 Male-Presenting)
Roles being cast include:
- Anthony – Male high school basketball player. Kind and sensitive and smart
- Caroline – Female high school student with a chronic illness. Isolated and has a prickly personality.
- The actors need to look like they could be high school age
- The playwright requests that one or both actors be people of color if possible. All ethnicities and gender identities are encouraged and warmly welcomed to audition
- The audition will consist of cold readings (unhearased excerpts) from the script
- Scripts are available to be read before hand, contact the Box Office to be sent a digital porusal copy
- There will be time to read the scenes with a partner before reading in front of the director.
- Rehearsals start June 12th (Final rehearsal schedule will be set once the show is cast)
- Performing July 27th – August 6th (July 27-29, August 3-5 at 7pm; July 30 and August 6 at 2pm)