The Rep is able to consider ticket donation requests from non-profit organizations that are focused on the arts, education or community service in Rochester and southeast Minnesota. Each recipient organization must have been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service (as evidenced by a valid tax identification number).
Requests for a ticket donation must be received by The Rep NO LESS THAN 14 days in advance of the event at which the tickets will be offered. Requests received less than 14 days in advance of your event must, regretfully, be declined. Each recipient organization is limited to one donation of free tickets per calendar year.
All requests for a ticket donation must meet EACH of the following requirements:
- The request must be mailed to The Rep (address below) on the letterhead/stationery of the requesting organization – fax or email requests can not be accepted.
- Your organization’s full name and non-profit tax ID number must be included in the request.
- A brief description of the event and its date must be provided.
- The planned use for the donated tickets must be provided.
- The address to which a free ticket award letter should be mailed must be provided.
- The name of a contact person with phone/email information must be provided.
We are unable to process requests that lack any of the above information requirements. Please note that phone calls, emails or other communications regarding the status of a request can not be accepted.
The Rep’s donated tickets have certain restrictions regarding their use – in general, though, they will be valid for use at any regular season, non-musical show performance for up to one year from date of issue and will require early booking by the ticket holder to ensure the best choice of performance date and time. A full description of all redemption rules will be included in the free ticket award letter that is provided to the recipient organization.
The Rep knows that fundraising events for a non-profit organization pose unique challenges and we’re pleased to have our tickets used in silent auctions, raffles, as prizes in fundraising contests or in other ways that your organization may dream up!
If possible, we ask that any mention of our ticket donation in your event’s promotional materials, emails or on your website include our full name (The Rochester Repertory Theatre), our website address and our logo (which we can email to you).